The Crystal Lake Lions Club provide several services for individuals and donate to a number of organizations in the McHenry County area. Proceeds from our fundraisers benefit some of the below;
The Crystal Lake Lions provide eye glass exams and glasses for those with sight impairment and financial limitations. For more information on this contact Randy Funk at (815) 455-8385.
Lions Club members and volunteers collect recycled eyeglasses and hearing aids to be reconditioned and redistributed. Eyeglasses are cleaned, sorted by prescription and distributed to mission groups who then distribute them to people with a low income or in third-world countries.
We will recycle those used eyeglasses or Hearing aids. You can drop them off at any of these locations. This was updated in March 2021.
- Any Lions Club Member
- 5/3 Bank Rt 14 and Three Oaks, Cary
- Pearle Vision, 368 Virginia Street
- CL Opthalmology, 280A Memorial Drive
- Sam’s Club, Optical Ctr, 5670 Northwest Highway
- Salvation Army, Crystal Lake Avenue
- Joe’s Barber Shop, 29 N. Williams Street
- Shopko Optical 5006 Northwest Hwy
- Algonquin Township 3702 US Hwy 14
- LifeTime Vision, 300 Memorial Drive
- Senior Care Voluneteer Network 42 East St. Suite C
- Crystal Lake Optical, 6219 Northwest Highway
- Vision Works 5765 Northwest Hwy.
- Crystal Lake Public Library 126 W. Paddock St.y
- Crystal Lake City Hall – 100 Woodstock St.
- Walgreen’s Optical Center, 151 Northwest Highway
- Senior Services Associates, 110 W. Woodstock Street
The Crystal Lake Lions provide a limited number of hearing aides for individuals with a need and have financial limitations. For more information please call (815) 455-8385.
The Lions club in conjunction with the Chamber of Commerce operate a community sign at McCormick Place on Virginia Street. This sign is available to the community for rental of our fabulous community events and personal messages such as birthdays, anniversaries, milestones, etc. For information contact the Chamber of Commerce at (815) 459-1300.
The Crystal Lake Lions provides a limited number of scholarships each year to high school seniors who express an interest in studying fields related to sight, hearing, speech and communication.